Event On : 21 Mar 2018
Managedia 2018, ‘Unleash the Genie in you for Mission Impossible’, presented to you by iLEAD and National Insurance in association with PS Group, GS Marketing and UCO Bank, powered by The Telegraph was held from March 21st to March 23rd at iLEAD.
Some of the participating colleges this year were Pailan College of Management and Technology, Bhawanipur Education Society College, Visva- Bharati University, St. Xavier’s University, Techno India Institute of Technology, Karunamoyee, Rabindra Bharati University, Indian Maritime University, Calcutta University, JDBI BBA, JDBI Main, Women’s College (Bagbazar), BP Poddar Institute of Technology, Future Institute of Engineering and Management, Techno India University (Salt Lake), Amity University, IEM MBA, Shyamaprasad College, NIFT, Scottish Church College, IIHM and Gokhale Memorial Girl’s College.
The Chief Guest for the inaugral ceremony of Managedia 2018 were the Vice Chancellor of MAKAUT Prof Saikat Maitra and the guests of honour are Mr Mahul Brahma, writer, actor and communication expert, Mr KB Vijaysrinivas, General Manager and Chief Marketing Officer of National Insurance Company, Mr Parth Sengupta, the Zonal Head (Kolkata) and Deputy General Manager of UCO Bank and Chef Madhumita Mohanta the executive chef at The Lalit Great Eastern.
Managedia 2018 selected from the participants the best of the best that challenged their limitations or perceived limitations in any given situations and overcome them with grace, innovation and creativity. The event ranged from AD & PR, Best Manager, Digital Marketing, Journalism to its first ever cultural events like Face Painting, War of Rappers, Singing, Dance, Fashion Show, Skit and much more.
Every event and round was grounded to the theme of achieving the impossible. For instance, the Marketing round included two rounds of targeting a difficult target audience and product marketing, the Best Manager round included rounds on judging the merit of students in solving challenging case studies on various areas of Management and the Journalism contest included the theme of mission impossible with rounds based on Photojournalism and Investigative journalism.
The iLEAD New Campus, the official venue for all the cultural events saw great music performances by Abhishek Roy Chowdhuri Band and West End Band apart from great performances by participants of various colleges in rounds like War of Rappers, Skit, Singing, Dance and much more.
The presentations in various media and management round included presentations on classical cafes and its history at the Journalism Round, presentation on digital car services at the Business Plan round, presentation on edible water blobs at Advertising and Public Relation round, presentation on innovative brand marketing strategies at the Marketing round and much more. The third concluding day of Managedia 2018 witnessed a performance by the guest, Debanjali Lily, a well known Tollywood singer and a rising personae of the music industry. This was followed by the Awards ceremony:
• Best Manager runner up award went to iLEAD Team B and the winner’s trophy was won by JDBI Main campus
• Marketing Round runners up position went to iLEAD Team B and the winning trophy went to JDBI- BBA campus
• The Field Event runners up position went to Bhawanipur College and the winning trophy was won by iLEAD Team B
• The Film Making (contest trophy was handed over to the runners up and the winners by Mr Anjan Dutta and Mr. Neel Dutt who came to iLEAD campus for promotion of their latest film- Aami Asbo Phire) runners up trophy was won by Bhawanipur College and the winning trophy was won by iLEAD
• The Business Plan runners up trophy were won by iLEAD team 2 and the winners’ position went to St. Xavier’s University.
• The War of the Rappers runners up were Aditya Gupta and winner was Elbis of iLEAD. Both the rappers also gave a surprising performance and mesmerized the audience.
• The 2 minutes to Fame runners up trophy went to JDBI Main campus and the winners position went to Bhawanipur college
• The Fashion Show runner up prize went to iLEAD and the winners position went to Techno India
• The Solo Singing runner up position went to both St. Xavier’s and JDBI and the winners position went to Bhawanipur college
• The Duet Singing runner up was St. Xavier’s and the winners trophy went to iLEAD
• The Skit Competition runner up was iLEAD and the winning trophy went to JDBI Main campus
• The Dance Solo runners up were iLEAD while the winners were Calcutta University
• The Group Dance runners up were Techno India and the winners were iLEAD
• The Advertising and Public Relations runners up award went to Pailan college and iLEAD team 1 and the winners were Bhawanipur college
• The Photography Contest runners up were Calcutta University and the winners position went to Amity University
• The Digital Marketing runners up were Amity University and the winners were iLEAD
• The Journalism runners up went to JDBI BBA and the winners were iLEAD Team A
• The Face Painting winners were iLEAD Team A and the runners up were JDBI Main Campus
• The Wall Graffiti prize was won by iLEAD team A and the runners up were JD Birla Main campus
• The Best College Representative Award was won by Yukta Lohari of St. Xavier’s University
• The Most Active College Award was won by Bhawanipur College, JDBI main and St. Xavier’s University
• The Best Theme Oriented college went to iLEAD
• The final award of the day for the Best Visiting College of Managedia went to Bhawanipur college
This year’s Managedia had the most footfall, participation and euphoria by far. This was its 5th edition with about 70 sponsors from all over the industry. The food, colours, music and victories added to the charm and every visiting college and iLEADers look forward to next year’s Managedia.