Mr. Pradip Chopra
Graduation: 1973, Chemistry (Hons) from St. Xavier’s college, Kolkata. Thereafter taken many part time courses especially on Leadership, General Management, Hotel Management and German language course for 3 years.
- Has already written several hundred Real Estate/Management/ Personality Development related articles in the leading national dailies such as the Hindu, The Statesman, Times of India, Hindustan Times, and Dainik Vishvamitra
- Has authored several books on Real Estate/Management/Personality Development for the benefits of the House Building Industry, home seekers/residents of apartments, students and public in general.
- Apartment Buying to Real Estate Investing
- Simple tools for complex living
- How green is your housing complex
- Your guide to prevent & Fight Fire in Housing Complexes
- Be Money Smart
- Simple Tools for Softskills
- Be Money Smart
- Simple Tools for Soft skills
- Life Shapers
- Creative Meditation
- On Love & Romance in Marriage
- Rajesh Khanna: The man and the magic
- New Born
- Sheherwali: A Royal Cuisine
Awards / Achievements:
- Has been awarded the prestigious Plasticon 2000 award from Plast India Foundation fordeveloping an Eco friendly wood substitute Eco-Wud out of Municipal solid waste.
- Acted as the Editor of the CREDAI’s National Magazine.
- Guest faculty in many reputed Management Institutes
- Regularly speaks, make presentations in National/State level seminars and workshops, as organised by CREDAI, Indian Institute of Town Planners, Indian Institute of Architects & Engineers, Indian Institute of Valuers, St. Xavier’s College, EIILM, Heritage Institute, Future Institute of Management etc.
- He founded a German Company ‘A. P. Handels and Vertriebs GmbH’ in Bremen, Germany in 1991 which presently is the largest seller of tombstones from India in the German market.
Posts Currently Holding:
- Currently the Chairman of iLEAD (Institute of Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Development) – a media and management institute affiliated to WBUT, PTU and collaboration with Jadavpur University (Kolkata), Yunnan Normal University Business School (Kunming, China), Dhaka University (Dhaka, Bangladesh), Capital University (Columbus, Ohio, USA), Noble Institution for Environmental Peace (Toronto, Canada), etc.
- Currently the Chairman and Managing Director of PS Group of companies which has completed over 200 Real Estate projects (in the last 30 years) including some of the Kolkata’s landmarks such as Trinity Tower, Trinity Plaza, Windsor Manor, Classica, Astral, Sherwood Estate etc. Other eminent projects of PS Group include Camac Square, PS Ixora, PS Premiera, Sherwood Estate, Diamond City South, PS Srijan Tech Park, Grand Mall ( in Chennai) to name a few.
- Chairman of Educational Committee of CREDAI National for last five years
- Chairman of IMC of Women’s ITI currently adopted by CREDAI Bengal
- Chairman of ITI for physically challenged boys and girls currently adopted by PS Group
- Board member of Jain Vishva Bharti University in Ladnun, Rajasthan, JD Birla Institute (Kolkata), Abhinav Bharati High School (Kolkata), The Newtown School (Kolkata), etc.
- President of Murshidabad Heritage Development Society (MHDS)
- Founder Regional Chairman of the Export Promotion Council for EOUs and SEZ units
- Founder, member of CREDAI Bengal
- Former President of Falta Chamber of Commerce
- Former Honorary Secretary of Indian Plastic Federation
- Former Honorary Secretary CREDAI Bengal
- Former Vice President CREDAI Bengal.
- Former Executive Committee member of CREDAI National
- Former editor of CREDAI National Magazine, The Real Estate Review
Future Plans & Motto in Life:
- The biggest impediment for India’s growth today is the lack of skilled manpower despite the fact that India has the world’s largest population of youngsters below 25 years of age.
- Unless India quickly expands its educational infrastructure, this advantage could become liability as unskilled and unemployed youth could be a very destructive force. However, India could empower its youth by imparting skill which would ensure employment and inspire them to make positive contribution towards the country’s growth.
- To achieve that Mr. Chopra has started several CSR initiatives under PS Group appropriately named as ‘Nayee Disha’ and ‘Supersoft’ with a mission to empower over one million youngsters with skills that would make them employable. Already several thousand youngsters from different strata of society are being trained under these initiatives with vocational as well as Soft skills.
- Mr. Chopra is very passionate about education and spends almost six hours everyday teaching students of St. Xavier’s College as well as J. D. Birla Institute almost six days a week.
- Mr. Chopra is providing Soft Skills Training for the last 8 (six) years to students of St. Xaviers College, JD Birla Institute and iLEAD at Kolkata. Till date he has trained more than 10,000 students some of whom have become Soft Skills Trainers in their own right. Mr. Chopra is now offering training to Soft Skills Trainers FREE OF ANY CHARGES to two individuals from each School and College by conducting a week long training programme. He also supports the participants with resources like reading materials, handouts, posters, cards, training modules and other resources to enable them successfully conduct Soft Skills classes in their own Institute.
- Mr. Chopra is the Convener of TPF (Terapanth Professional Forum) initiative UDAAN which provides 100% scholarship to meritorious but financially weak students from all over the country. This scholarship is offered in partnership with various colleges offering more than 50 courses. All students irrespective of their cast, community, religion etc can apply for this scholarship.