Post Graduate Certificate In Business Management
The need for management education in today’s world for effective performance is a foregone conclusion. While experience might have been the backbone of effective performance in the corporate world of yesterday, knowledge and continuous learning is the mainstay amongst the best organizations of today. In order to satisfy this thirst for knowledge and to become a learning organization, XLRI has evolved a 12 months consolidated program in Business Management.
- To give participants an understanding of problems and issues in the field of Business
- To give the participants a holistic perspective of Business Management so that they can
shoulder greater responsibilities in their careers ahead with better awareness.
- The latest and the best practices and problem solving acumen from the Indian as well
as International context
- To provide skills, knowledge and tactical approach to assess the business situations and
handle tasks more effectively.
- Premier certification from XLRI
- Career Enhancement
Schedule & Duration
- Saturday – 6:45PM to 9:45PM and Sunday – 6:45PM to 9:45PM
- 12 Months
Who Should Attend
Executives and professionals in business organizations may apply for this program. The program offers quality interactions with experienced executives, and peer group learning as average experience of the participants is around 7 years.
- Applicants should be working professionals/self-employed.
- Must possess minimum of 2 years of work experience in related field after completing graduation.
- Full Time Degree Graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline, recognized by UGC/AICTE.
Admission Criteria & Profile Desired
- Academic Record
- Years and Quality of work experience.
- Personal Interviews to be conducted by XLRI faculty using Hughes Global Education Interactive Onsite Learning Platform
Candidates who qualify the above eligibility criteria will be selected into the program. No deviations to the laid out Eligibility Criteria will be considered. The desired candidate for the program would ideally have a good work experience (around 5 years) with a strong academic background. Proficiency in English is desired since it would be the medium of instruction. The candidate must also have the drive to learn and imbibe the teachings of the program. General knowledge of the industry of work and working knowledge of computers is also necessary.
- Recognized certification coming from a reputed institute like XLRI
- XLRI is among the top 10 Indian B-schools & a pioneer in starting the program of this kind not only in India but in Asia-Pacific.
- Over 4000 working professionals have benefited so far from this program of XLRI - participants have advanced their careers within and outside their organizations.
- One of the most rigorous and quality online programs in the country in management
- Quality interactions with experienced executives and peer group learning as average experience of the participants in last few batches have been 5+ years
- Campus component of one week in the beautiful and advanced XLRI Campus in Jamshedpur.
- Specifically designed for working executives with all the flexibility benefits of Interactive Onsite Learning.
- Participants selected based on elaborate selection process including SOP, academic performance, job responsibility and interviews etc.
The examination and evaluation required for certification shall be carried out XLRI Jamshedpur. The faculty members teaching their respective courses will choose the method of evaluation most appropriate to the material. The certificate will be awarded directly by XLRI Jamshedpur. Successful Candidates will be offered Alumni status.
- Principles of Marketing
- Quantitative Methods for Decision-Making
- Operations Research
- Organizational Behavior
- Operations & Production Strategy
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Sales & Distribution Management
- Product and Brand Management
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- International Management
- International Financial Management
- Business Law
- Consumer Behavior & Marketing Research
- Organization Structure, Design & Change
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Financial Markets & Banking
- Project Work (Optional only for eligible students)
End term Examination to be conducted at neutral venues in specific cities by XLRI. The faculty members teaching their respective courses will choose the method of evaluation most appropriate to the material. Regular Quizzes will be conducted online /offline in the classrooms by the Institute.
The certificate will be awarded directly by XLRI, Jamshedpur.
Alumni status to be provided by XLRI.
Assessments & Evaluation:
The institute shall set the papers for examinations and evaluation shall be done by the institute. The faculty members teaching their respective courses will choose the method of evaluation most appropriate to the material. Regular Quizzes to be conducted online / offline in the classrooms by the Institute. End term – Examination to be conducted at neutral venues in specific cities by XLRI.
- A very intensive program useful from a corporate management view point
- 12 months Intense learning which also includes a campus study module of learning at the XLRI campus and the rest on the Hughes Global Education's satellite learning platform
- Project wor
- Lecture Series
- Case methods
- Group work
- Term papers
- Assignments and Dissertation
XLRI shall carry out the examination and evaluation required for certification. It will award the certificate of successful completion to participants who complete the programme successfully
- Academic Record
- Years and quality of work experience
- Personal Interviews to be conducted by XLRI faculty either using Hughes Interactive Learning Platform or through face-to-face mode
|For Indian Students|
|Application Fee||INR 2,000/- + service tax|
|Program Fee||INR 1,90,000/- + service tax|
|Campus Fee||INR 35,000/- + Service Tax|
|Total Fee||INR 2,25,000/- (exclusive of Application Fee)|
Books / Study Materials and Campus Fees together amounting to INR 35,000/- should be payable to XLRI on or before 15th September, 2016.
- All fees to be paid in favour of “XLRI JAMSHEDPUR”
- A deferred payment schedule is also available
Last date of application: 23rd April, 2016
Date of Interview: 9th May-18th May, 2016
First installment of fees (Last date): 15th June, 2016
Induction Date: 24th June, 2016
|Installment||Date||Amount INR||Amount USD|
|I||15th June, 2016||INR 60,000/-|
|II||15th Sep, 2016||INR 35,000/-|
|III||15th Dec, 2016||INR 65,000/-|
|IV||15th Mar, 2017||INR 65,000/-|
Please Note: All fees mentioned above are exclusive of Service Tax. Service Tax at the rate of 14.5% will be applicable on the fees mentioned above. Any change in Service Tax or any other applicable taxes during the tenure of the programme needs to be borne by the student.
This program is designed with a deep thought process & its focus was not “read & reproduce” but making ourselves more competitive. The program director & the faculties allocated to this program had all the real & impressive practical experience which made the subject more acceptable to us in its theoretical form. It was real fun when we sat in a virtual class room.
To know about Faculty, please visit: http://www.xlri.ac.in/faculty-research/faculty-land.aspx
To know about XLRI, please visit: http://www.xlri.ac.in/
Please fill in your contact details in the form and our sales team will get in touch with you shortly