Executive Program In Human Resource Management
There is an increasing appreciation of the role of human resources in the success of organizations across the entire industry spectrum. There is a need felt by both line managers and HR experts to understand and respond to HRM challenges at the “organizational” and “employee” level of analysis. Further, the policies and processes have to be identified after understanding the organizational context. Given that the context itself might be changing fast and becoming uncertain, it is imperative for organizations to develop nimble and flexible systems. This program aims to cover the canvas of HRM at both macro and micro level to equip the line managers dealing with human resources and human resource managers with contemporary knowledge and practices informed by valid findings from research. It intends to cover both basic and strategic HRM issues.
The program covers important aspects of behavioral science again focusing on behavior of both entities- employee and organization. At micro level the program includes discussion on personality and attitudes, perceptions, values; motivation; group behavior; leadership issues and so on. At macro level the discussion includes issues of organization design, structure, culture, technology and so forth.
The narrative of “customer” has become increasingly predominant in the organizational discourse. This program takes a very conscious and deliberate customer perspective- internal and external, in discussing the issues mentioned above. It takes the customer oriented view about managing human resources in manufacturing, services, and sales organizations. Because of the centrality of customer in services, the course has large service industry component. Even within, the organizations have tried to develop service culture with the concept of internal customer. And then organizations are managing talent by viewing their employees and prospective talent as customers. The program tries to address important issues of acquisition, retention, and management of talent and knowledge. The program covers the important techniques of competency mapping, assessment centers design, job evaluation, strategic fit analysis and so on. It also deals with specific issues of representative industries like healthcare, IT/outsourcing, financial services/professional services, sales, and manufacturing.
The program is designed to be experiential through case method teaching. Further, the course takes more business/ line managerial perspective on HRM, a prerequisite for successful HRM and general management professionals today.
- The course intends to enhance participants’ understanding of:
- Human Resource Management policies and practices of acquisition, compensation, rewarding, and performance appraisal supporting the customer oriented strategies.
- Differences and Complementariness in Product Manufacturing, Sales and Service work and their HRM systems.
- Developing a customer oriented service culture.
- Understanding of Personality dimensions, motivation, leadership and so on at micro level and organization design, structure, culture and so on at macro level.
- Managing Knowledge, employee engagement, and talent management.
- Strategic Human Resource Management issues of “best practices”, “fit”, and “flexibility”.
- Strategic Human Resource Management issues in representative industries: IT/Business Process Outsourcing, Healthcare, financial service/professional services, Sales, and Manufacturing.
Schedule & Duration
- Friday 6:45 PM to 9:45 PM
- 1 Year
- Theory & Practical Inputs
- Case study approach.
- Assignments, E-Learning, & Business Simulation
Who Should Attend
Working graduates. Executives looking forward to making a career in HRM or assuming senior management roles may apply.
- Applicants should be working professionals/self-employed
- Graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate- considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)] recognized by UGC/AICTE.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
- Selection will be based on entrance test
- Applications + credentials
- Applicants will be selected based on performance in the Entrance Test
CertificateExecutive Programme in Human Resource Management
Basics of Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management System, Context, and HRM analytical framework.
- Manpower Planning.
- Recruitment, Selection, and Induction
- Talent Development
- Performance Management
- Compensation Management
Basics of Organizational Behavior
- Introduction to OB
- Interpersonal Communication
- Motivating People
- Conflict & Negotiation
- Leading and Managing Change
- HRM Strategy/Policy Choices in Service and Product (Manufacturing) Industry
- Best Practices (High Performance work systems) , Best Fit approach to SHRM
- Critical Perspectives: McDonaldization & Customer Sovereignty.
- Product and Services Value Components in Total Customer Value.
- HRM analytical Framework for services.
- Customer Oriented Bureaucracy.
- Managing Human Resources in uncertain/ dynamic environments.
- Flexible HRM Systems (Handling customer needs/ expectations variability).
- Role of Unions in influencing/ managing Management – Employee- Customer interfaces.
- BSC/Workforce scorecard.
Contemporary Talent Management
- Understanding the meaning of and the need for talent and its management
- Competency mapping and assessment centres
- Multi-Rater feedback
- Incentive Design
- Knowledge management
Integration and Contemporary HRM Issues
- International HRM
- Industrial Relation challenges in contemporary India
- Integrative Cases in Few Industries like Healthcare and Manufacturing.
General Management Module
- Basics of Finance
- Quantitative techniques for HRM
- Marketing concepts applied to HRM
- Contemporary issues in HRM
For Indian Students
|Application Fee||INR 2000/-|
|Program Fee||INR 1,20,000/- + S.Tax|
|Registration Feee||INR 3,000/- + S.Tax|
|Campus Fee||INR 18,000/- + S.Tax|
|Total Fee (exclusive of Application Fee)||INR 1,41,000/- + S.Tax|
- Program fees are payable online or through DD drawn in favour of “Hughes Communications India Limited” Taxes will be additional if applicable.
- Campus fee is mandatory and will be payable by student directly to “Indian Institute of Management Calcutta”.
- Fee once paid is neither refundable nor transferable towards any other student/program/batch, after start of program session.
- Applying to the program does not confirm application acceptance/clearance of scrutiny.
- Up to 80% of the Program Fee can be availed as Customized Education Loan from leading banks to enable the participants to spread the repayment over a longer period. However, the applicant shall be eligible for bank loans as per the concerned bank norms. Neither Hughes Education nor the Institute will be held responsible for any delay in disbursement of the bank loan.
- IIMC may foreclose the enrollment upon completion of maximum batch size, enrollment will be accepted on first come first serve basis.
- Service Tax (currently @ 14.5%) will be charged extra on these components.
- Last Date of Application: 4th Jan 2016
- Last Date of Entrance Test: 10th Jan, 2016 (if required)
- Last Date for Payment of Fees: 2nd February 2016
- Orientation and briefing: 5th Feb, 2016
- Class Start Date: TBD
|Installment||Date||Amount INR||Amount USD|
|I||2nd Feb 2016||INR 48,000/- + 3000 (Reg. Fee) + S.Tax||NA|
|II||28th Apr 2016||INR 40,000/- + S.Tax||NA|
|III||22 Jul 2016||INR 32,000/- + S.Tax||NA|
The overall course – EPHRM, was designed and co-ordinated perfectly. In all there were 6 modules, covering core HRM topics as well as strategy, general management and a final integration module at campus. The delivery mechanism at Hughes was near flawless and going through this one year program has been an overall enriching experience, over and above the valuable certification. The course design comprising literature, case studies, exams and project was as ehaustive as any; and IIM-C’s deep rooted heritage and excellence in academics was a significant value add.
Hughes Begumpet Centre in Hyderabad was excellent in terms of both technical and administrative support. There were negligible technical glitches and the staff were always ready on hand to sort any small issues that did come up. The ambience, lighting and air conditioning was indeed conducive to the learning experience.
The staff at Begumpet Hyderabad were ever friendly and helpful; with timely SMS updates and and always open to suggestions. Technical services was near faultless and kudos to the team for maintaining quality.
Vivimed Labs Ltd.
Professor Amit Dhiman and Professor Rajiv Kumar will lead the program along with select faculty from IIMC.